Reports and Publications
- Building Skills through Summer Jobs – This report from JPMorgan Chase Foundation provides a detailed review of national youth employment challenges and resources through the lens of the foundation’s funded jobs programs.
- Partnerships for Summer Youth Employment – This report from the U.S. Conference of Mayors describes leading youth employment programs across the United States, including the Grow Detroit’s Young Talent initiative in Detroit.
- The Why and How of Collaboration -This document provides a list of reasons why collaborating is in your best interests, and provides practice-based tips on how to be successful at working with other organizations.
- Grow Detroit’s Young Talent 2011 Program Summary – This report, written by City Connect Detroit, describes outcomes of the 2011 Grow Detroit’s Young Talent program and fundraising campaign, managed by City Connect Detroit on behalf of the Detroit Youth Employment Consortium.
- Navigating Turbulent Times – This report, written by City Connect Detroit, is the product of a series of listening sessions convened by City Connect Detroit in 2009 to better understand the impact that the recession was having on the area’s nonprofit service providers.
- Innovating Under Pressure – This report from the U.S. Department of Labor describes Detroit’s innovative response to the rapid scaling of youth employment resources under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Chronicle of City Connect Detroit, 2001-2006 – This report, written by City Connect Detroit, chronicles the results of the agency’s 2001-2005 demonstration program, which led to the continuation of City Connect Detroit as a permanent community capacity for changemaking.
- DetroitCONNECTED Think Tank Findings – This report describes the findings of the DetroitCONNECTED Think Tank, convened to develop recommendations for improving technology integration in Detroit.